Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
1) I wish it could be Christmas every day. Really? Ham and turkey and pudding and custard every day? Spending more money that you've got every day? Cooped up with your family every day? Hmm.
2) There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas. Duh. And since the song is part of Bandaid's 'Feed the World' one would think that no snow would be a good thing for, say, refugees in tents who are used to subtropical weather.
3) He (a spaceman) hung in the sky like a star. Whoa. Should we put ET figurines in our crib scenes along with the Magi? (Are angels really aliens?) Skip the Birth of Christ, the big story here is the alien with a message that goes "nah nah nah nah nah nah nah."
4) Keep the vampires from your door. And this is on a Christmas album why?
5) How did Christmas Day become "Saviour's Day." Not that St Cliff can do any wrong. Didn't he write that song "Our Father"?
Okay, enough seasonal cynicism.
That's a wrap.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
are lights sparkling in the window, an old-fashioned crib scene in the porch window (I'm a Christian Buddhist, go figure), 'winter magic' oil burning in the snowman scenter, decorations all over the place, turkey ordered, plans confirmed for trips to Naas (Finn's granddad in nursing home) and then Sligo for Christmas in the Gyreum (http://www.gyreum.com/). Hope it snows, but not before we get there! I confess I am not doing cards this year. Will get back to them next year. Sorry about that folks, but something had to give! Here's a pic of the ginger bread house Finn and her cousin, Alice, made last year. They'll be making another one this year.
Monday, December 08, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
Here's a peek at Finn's Dad's film on Teamhair/Tara which is being broadcast on TG4 on Wednesday, Dec 3. Don't know why he starts out with an American bizarro, but I'll find out tomorrow when I attend the launch in Dublin. The film is about the history of Tara and the motorway being ploughed through its sacred valley this very minute. More to come after tomorrow's viewing.